- Iroko is well positioned to successfully structure and place African capital markets transactions for the following reasons:
- Our vast experience in arranging complex financing for challenging African borrowers.
- Our extensive network of relationships with specialist and sophisticated capital markets investors.
- Our ability to match the borrowing needs of our clients with the product and risk profile requirements of our investing clients.
- Our track record in successfully completing structured transactions in Africa with over $1.5 billion of private placement transactions over the 2005-2012 period.
- Our complete dedication to Africa as a niche player.
- Our financial engineering expertise as well as the flexibility and nimbleness of our organization.
- Iroko Securities Limited (Iroko Securities) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Iroko Financial Products Limited (Iroko Financial Products) of Port Louis Mauritius. Based in the City of London, we are specialists in Debt Capital Markets and Treasury Management Services for clients in Sub-Saharan Africa. Iroko Securities conducts investment business with intermediate and market counterparties only, and arranges, places and brokers debt securities for institutional and corporate clients.
- Iroko Financial Products is a dealer and underwriter of fixed income instruments from emerging African markets. Its shareholders include the Netherlands Development Finance Company ( FMO)
- Iroko’s commitment to Africa is evidenced by:
- -The long standing involvement of Iroko’s Principals in Africa over the past 20 years
- -A shareholding comprised of institutions deeply committed to the financial sector in Africa including FMO whose financial outstanding and new commitments in Africa in 2003 amounted to EUR 393 million (21% of world wide outstanding commitments) and EUR 61 million (65% of world wide new commitments) respectively.
- As sponsor for Sphynx Capital Markets PCC, Iroko supports its issuance program in the following manner:
- Assets origination, identifying, reviewing, structuring, and recommending primary or secondary market assets for purchase or funding by the issuer
- Arranging for liquidity, credit support, and hedging for assets funded by the program (where appropriate)
- Arranging to have Notes issued in the appropriate amounts, maturities and rates consistent with the business purpose and program documents
- Initial credit selection in line with investor requirements
- Market and liquidity and portfolio sale down support
- Risk management support
- Recommendation of country selection
- Market information and research support